Dear Northstar Church Family,
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. John 15:11
Following Jesus means that we are reassured that God has us no matter the troubles of this world. There is also the wonder of the soul that the closer we walk with Jesus, the more we enter the joy of our Lord. There is nothing so wonderful as being in the deep, intimate, loving communion with God and His people. And there is almost nothing as persuasive of the gospel of Jesus to those around us as the joy of his followers. So, as the Covid-19 virus begins to spread in Canada (no known cases in Quesnel) we want to be aware of the risks, take appropriate precautions, while also living as a joy-filled people because of all the Lord has one for us.
We will be having our Sunday Service tomorrow with several precautionary steps:
• We encourage people to stay at home if they are sick or if they have compromised immune
systems, or any extra vulnerabilities to this virus
• We encourage the use of the 5 sanitizer stations on the main level
• We encourage hand washing
• As with last week we will ask you to avoid hugs and handshakes because this virus is mostly transmitted through droplets
• We will place an offering box at the rear of the sanctuary between the double doors, you can also give at the machine/tithing box at the welcome desk, or you can give on our tithely phone app or on the church website https://www.northstarchurch.ca/pages/give. We will not be passing offering bags from person to person at this time
• Choose seating with some chairs apart from other households. Some more precautious social distancing would seem wise. With our Sunday average of approximately 200 within a potentially 400 seat sanctuary we seem to be set up quite well.
For those unaware, our sermons are placed online: https://www.northstarchurch.ca/podcasts/media within approximately an hour of the end of each service. As a staff we are also looking into the viability of live streaming our Sunday service both for immediate needs and potentially long-term opportunities. Please let me know either in person or by email if you would choose to take advantage of this option. [email protected]
As we state on our website homepage we will endeavour to keep you informed by email, on our website and other means of communication of any changes that need to be made.
Let’s again look at our situation through the eyes of a faith-filled follower of Jesus. I encourage you in the Lord to be safe, to support one another in words and actions, and to see that every situation is an opportunity to share the good news of Jesus and to live in His joy.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy
Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13
With Much Love in Christ,